Professor and Department Chair
Ph.D., University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 1989
Fields: Political Economy
- * "New Findings Regarding the Effects of Increasing the Minimum Wage on Prices" (with Daniel MacDonald)
- * "Starting Wages and Healthcare Benefits at Agua Caliente Casino, 2002-2007"
- * Assembly Testimony: Wages and Benefits of Workers at Agua Caliente Casino
- * Wages and Healthcare Benefits of Workers at Agua Caliente Casino, report prepared for the California State Assembly, Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 2003.
- * "Did Nixon's Wage and Price Controls Set in Motion the Post-1970s Decline in Real Wages?," Review of Radical Political Economics, September 2001 (400K pdf).
- * Incentives to Encourage More Worker Friendly Corporations in California, report to the California State Assembly, 1999.
- * "Trends in Compensation for Production Workers: 1948-1996", David Gordon Special Issue of Review of Radical Political Economics, December 1999 (1.9M pdf).
- * "Foreign Trade And Innovation in Domestic Labor Relations", Review of Radical Political Economics, 31(3), September 1999 (540K pdf).
- * "Public Support for Conservative Economic Policies," Journal of Economic Issues, June 1998 (400K pdf)
- * "Wage Dependence in the Postwar United States," Review of Radical Political Economics, 29(3), September 1997.
- * "The Growth of Union Decertification: a Nonnested Test of Two Theories," Industrial Relations, July 1997 (160K pdf).
- * "The Breakdown of the U.S. Postwar System of Labor Relations: An Econometric Study," Review of Radical Political Economics, vol. 28(1), March 1996.
- * "Innovating-By-Doing: Skill Innovation as a Source of Technological Advance," Journal of Economic Issues, March 1995 (800K pdf).
- * "Capitalists' Institutional Agenda, Class Conflict Spillover, and the Last Instance," Review of Radical Political Economics, vol. 26(4), December 1994.
- * Empirical Evidence that the Social Relations of Production Matter: the Case of the U.S. Antebellum South," Cambridge Journal of Economics, June 1994.